As a public institution dedicated to the free expression and free access to ideas presenting points of view concerning problems and issues of our times, exhibit spaces are available on equal terms for lawful activities of all groups and person in the community, regardless of their beliefs or affiliations.
- The Person County Public Library maintains display cases for public use. The right of individuals to use the display cases will not be denied or abridged because of race, religion, national origin, or social or political views. Permission to use the display cases does not constitute an endorsement by the Library staff, the Library Board, or the County Commissioners.
- The display case has dimensions of 14” Deep, 69” Wide, and 40” High.
- The Library display cases are intended to promote library programs and services. When the display cases are not needed for library programs or county sponsored activities, it may be made available to non-profit community organizations at no cost. Nothing may be sold or no profit made by groups using the display cases. No fees, dues, or donations may be charged or solicited by the user.
- Groups may not display harassing, defamatory, or threatening messages or graphics which may reasonably be construed as obscene as defined by the law.
- Reservations may be made by groups at any time during the year. Reservations will be on a first come first served basis. Groups may only have the display case once a year in order to give fair and equitable access to all groups wishing to use a display case. Groups will be given the first available display, they may not designate which case they wish to use.
- Groups must provide their own materials for the display case.
- Groups must have their display completed by the first week of the month and taken down before the end of the month. Library staff will notify the contact person for the group prior to the group’s month to display as a courtesy reminder and at the end of the month for take down.
- Display cases for children and young adult groups must be made by an adult. The adult will be responsible for the display case.
- The Library should be notified immediately if cancellation of a display case reservation is necessary. The Library also reserves the right to cancel any reservation at any time and will give as much notification as possible.
- Any group not adhering to these policies will be denied use of the display cases in the future.
- Exceptions to these regulations will be considered at the discretion of the Library Director or Assistant Library Director.
Approved by Library Advisory Board 10/13/14