Welcome to Person Area Transportation System (PATS)
Public Transportation for Everyone!
What services does PATS offer?
PATS, like any other public transportation system, is available to individuals of all ages and incomes. It has scheduled pickup and arrival times and is a shared ride service (Demand Response).
Demand Response Service is routes that operate a demand response service, based on individual requests, which are called in to the PATS office prior to scheduled trip. There are no specified pick up times/locations and no structured routes, although some routes do have service area boundaries (zones). This is an origin-to-destination service where drivers will offer a helping hand as needed to ensure that individuals reach their destination safely.
To Schedule a ride:
Trips may be booked in advance, but no later than 11:00am business day prior to your requested ride. Any changes to a requested ride has to be called in before 11:00am business day prior to scheduled ride. To schedule a ride, call 336-597-1771. When requesting a ride for transportation be prepared to provide the following information:
- Date of requested ride
- Pickup address
- Drop-off address
- The time you need to arrive at your destination
- Whether a return ride is needed and request time for return ride
- If a wheelchair accessible vehicle is needed
- If an assistant is riding and if so their name
Please visit current agencies that contract with PATS.
Person Area Transportation System (PATS) travels throughout the city and county Monday through Friday. Public rider ship fees vary, so please call the office for cost. Please visit fares.
- Fares must be paid upon boarding the vehicle.
- Be prepared for delays due to traffic or inclement weather.
- Please be ready at least 10 minutes before your scheduled ride. The driver may arrive up to 10 minutes prior to your scheduled pick up time. The driver is only permitted to wait a maximum of 5 minutes. Once the driver leaves they will not come back.
- If your ride has not arrived within 10 minutes of your scheduled pickup time, please call PATS 336-597-1771.
- PATS has wheelchair accessible vehicles available upon request.
Specially equipped vans and buses
PATS have specially equipped lift vehicles available for disabled persons who are in wheelchairs or have mobility aides.
All PATS drivers are certified and trained in Vehicle Safety, System Security Awareness, Driver Safety (Defensive and Distractive Driving Awareness), Bloodborne Pathogens, Prevention of Alcohol Misuse, Prohibited Drug Use, Illegal Drug Use and the Effects and Consequences, Passenger Safety, Customer Driven Services, Problem Passengers Challenging Situations, Emergency Procedures, and transportation services for Individuals with disabilities ADA (American with Disabilities Act)
Our drivers are always helpful and courteous. Our vehicles are always clean and comfortable!
Cancellations must be made at least 2 hours prior to the scheduled pick-up time. Failure to meet this requirement or failure to be present for a scheduled pickup will result in a No Show and you are responsible for paying for a No Show. Continued violations may result in suspension of services. To cancel a ride, please call 336-597-1771 and be prepared to provide the following information:
- Day and time of pickup
- Pickup and drop-off locations
- Details of any return trip that may also need to be cancelled.
Rules of the Road:
- No smoking
- No eating or drinking
- No open drinks or food
- Seat belts must be worn at all times
- Customers must supply and install their own child safety seats
- Stay seated while vehicle is moving
- Allow customers to exit before boarding
- No profane language
- Clients are able to carry on items that they can carry in one trip and can secure either in their seats, at their feet and clear of the aisle way
- Customers with portable oxygen tanks are welcome
- Only service animals are permitted
- Notice-For your safety you will be recorded by a video surveillance system which will also include audio recording.
. Please visit Passengers Policy.
Weather - PATS may suspend operation if roads or conditions are deemed unsafe.
For more information or to schedule a ride please call 336-597-1771
SO COME ALONG FOR THE RIDE!